2/22/12

Spring!

It is a beautiful sunny day on the coast of Vancouver Island! It is only February but, wow, does it feel like Spring! Today will be a day spent outside soaking up all that sunshine we have been deprived of for several cloudy and grey months. And what better way to spend a beautiful early spring day than to sing a few songs and talk about this fabulous weather?!



Spring Songs and Poems

What the Robin Told
The wind told the grasses,
And the grasses told the trees.
The trees told the bushes,
And the bushes told the bees.
The bees told the robin,
And the robin sang out clear:
Wake up! Wake up!
Spring is here!


Springtime

(This would make an awesome felt board poem!)
A small green frog
On a big brown log;
A black and yellow bee
In a little green tree;
A red and yellow snake
By a blue-green lake,
All sat and listened
To red bird sing,
"Wake up, everybody,
It's spring! It's spring!"


First I was

(Tune Johnny Works With One Hammer)
First I was a raindrop, raindrop, raindrop
First I was a raindrop, pitter and patter
Then I was a puddle, puddle, puddle
Then I was a puddle, splash and splatter
Then I heard the children, children, children
Then I heard the children laugh and play
Then I saw the sunshine, sunshine, sunshine
Then I saw the sunshine and dried away

The Little Caterpillar
(Sung to "Itsy, Bitsy Spider")
The little caterpillar crawled up into a tree,
Spun his cocoon and slept so quietly,
All through the winter he didn't make a sound,
He dreamt of his new life when he'd be flying all around.
While he was sleeping the snow did gently fall,
Winter came and went, then he heard the robin's call,
Come on Mr. Butterfly, out of your cocoon
Spread your wings and fly for me, while I sing my tune.

Check back soon for Spring Craft Ideas!

References
Canteach.ca
Everythingpreschool.com

No comments:

Post a Comment